no input signal

havent a clue 14:34 15 Jul 05

i've mest up my pc BIG TIME. windows xp l was mucken about with things [packard bell snapsy]snapsy features a series of tools allowing you to perform checks and maintenance tasks on your computer. so l clicked on memory test, screen went blank,power light on monitor turned amber, computer light flashing red like mad so l left it for a bit, a few hours later its still the same so l presed ctrl>+ Alt>+ del> everything starts,then stops the screen says no input signal then light turns amber AGAIN and computer light starts to flash red AGAIN. please help me before it go,s out the window, or I do.

woodchip 14:40 15 Jul 05

This sounds like the Power Supply as packed in. I think for HP you may need to get one of there's as they may not be standard ATX PSU. It's not the monitor that's at fault in the computer that's not powering up

NOTE: Packard Bell & HP (Hewlett Packard) are different companies.

woodchip 15:18 15 Jul 05

Same difference it still applies

De Marcus 15:32 15 Jul 05

What model packard bell is it?

havent a clue 15:36 15 Jul 05

IMEDIA 1902

De Marcus 15:59 15 Jul 05

There's a lot of information to be had on PB's website, this being a pretty new machine, I would doubt it to be a power supply problem, but of course we all know things can go wrong, regardless of age. click here

woodchip 16:00 15 Jul 05

Does the computer beep once

havent a clue 16:07 15 Jul 05

YES BEEBS,FAN GO,S

havent a clue 16:13 15 Jul 05

cant be a power thing cos i can get into CMOS SETUP if l new what to look at.

woodchip 17:34 15 Jul 05

try Safe Mode keep pressing F8 as computer starts up then run System Restore

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…