no image with e-mail

DrLector 22:05 07 Nov 05

when i receve e-mails from web sites eg e-bay ,i dont have any images only the text and box's with a small red cross in ? do i need to change the setings

ACOLYTE 22:08 07 Nov 05

Its set like that by default to protect you,to see the images open OE, i presume you have OE you dont say,nut open it select tools options,then security,and untick the box block images from HTML mail.

wobblymike 22:10 07 Nov 05

Assume you are using Outlook Express

Select Tools, Options, click security tab Select Internet Explorer Zone to Internet Zone and untick Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus.
This latter move will also allow you to receive e mailed photo attachments without problems. As long as you run anti virus software and maintain Windows updated the risk is in my view negligible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…