no icons

u2 13:26 30 Sep 05

Hi all, on start up, i have no icons taskbar ect.When i start in safe mode,I get a few icons up but not working properly.Sfc/scanow isnt working msconfig ect cannor use restore either.

Also have a problem with windows installer,popping up.hope i explained this correctly.

De Marcus™ 13:36 30 Sep 05

The system file checker must be typed in exactly as it appears here including the spaces and spelling: sfc /scannow

VoG II 13:41 30 Sep 05
  u2 13:42 30 Sep 05

I know DE but, its not working I cannot even use the mouse on screen in normal mode nothing show,s up.

In safe mode there are icons but nothing in programs ect.From safe mode to normal mode those icons should return.Also last known good config doesnt work.
Machine is Time its my mates computer and its pre-installed does,nt seem to have a restore disc.So cannot format the HD.Help

BurrWalnut 13:44 30 Sep 05

Go here click here and scroll down to line 195 right hand column and download the file. Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.

Make a system restore point before running this VB script just in case anything goes wrong.

u2 13:53 30 Sep 05

Know what your saying guys butI cannot use the internet ,with my mates computer I have mine in use here cannot use the cd rom on his either.

De Marcus™ 13:55 30 Sep 05

Is anything usable in safe mode?

Yoda Knight 14:13 30 Sep 05

Do the 3-fingered MS salute, on the applications tab, choose new process and type in "explorer.exe"

u2 15:24 30 Sep 05

Nothings really working in safe mode?.Didwhat you wanted yada no luck.Any other ideas?.

u2 16:36 30 Sep 05

Would it be a worm or virus ?

VoG II 16:38 30 Sep 05

That's what I suggested earlier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…