No hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails

Clapton is God 07:38 AM 05 Jun 12
Answered

My O/S is Win 7 Professional 64 Bit. My e-mail client is Outlook 2003.

Whenever I type an e-mail address or insert a website address into a new e-mail they always appear as plain text rather than as a blue underlined hyperlink.

Is there a particular setting I need to use in Outlook to enable hyperlinks in my e-mails?

wiz-king 07:48 AM 05 Jun 12

Have you set your default mail style to HTML?

Clapton is God 07:53 AM 05 Jun 12

wiz-king

Yes, I have.

Clapton is God 08:24 AM 05 Jun 12
Answer

Solved it!

Under Tools; Options; Mail Format I had Use MS Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages ticked.

I've unticked that and hyperlinks are now inserted into new messages.

onthelimit1 08:55 AM 05 Jun 12

That's odd - I have that box ticked yet hyperlinks appear in underlined blue!

swapper 09:13 AM 05 Jun 12

WinXP My friend is having a lot of trouble trying to connect to the Internet via her BT BB. I am with Virgin and have not much idea of what to check (I have not much ida anyway).

Is there a correct way of checking the connection, i.e a check list, rather than go about it in a haphazard manner.....like wat I would do!

thank you

onthelimit1 09:17 AM 05 Jun 12

Best to start a new thread as it's a different subject.

BT have a number of diagnostic tools included in their software - try running those. What lights appear on the Hub? Suggest you start the new thread I suggested, and include this extra info.

Woolwell 12:30 PM 05 Jun 12

I suspect that in Word 2003 you may have the auto-correct to turn text into hyperlinks turned off. Could be wrong though!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…