"No Hard Drive" for IBM T22-Also Run Time Errors

belcanto 23:59 09 Apr 05

Hello-I hope that someone can help, I have an ibm t22 laptop, 256 memory, 20gb hd, usb, etc. It was working ok on wed eve of this week, then on thur eve when I pressed the power button, the screen said in red letters "no hard drive please reinstall hard drive, then operating system". If there is no hard drive how can I see this message then? Does this mean that the hard drive has packed up?

As a seperate issue, on my main desktop, despite having norton, ad-aware, etc running as protection. Just recently i have been getting a box come up when I am on internet saying "run time error in 1st code line" or something like that. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks-belcanto

John-259217 01:15 10 Apr 05

The T22 message will be generated from the BIOS and appears to show that the machine is unable to detect a hard drive.

It could mean the drive has failed but might also be caused for other reasons, such as motherbord failure or failing cmos battery.

Can you hear or feel if the drive is running?

If you have a floppy drive for the ultrabay you could try downloading Drive Fitness Test from click here and trying to boot the machine from it.

If it will boot you can then test the hdd for problems.

My T21 halts at the IBM splash screen with the hdd removed completely and I don`t have a broken one handy to see the error it shows.

Because of this I can`t be sure if the machine will still boot from the floppy but its worth a try.

If you have a spare drive you could try substituting it instead.

Can`t help with the other problem I`m afraid.

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…