no green light indicators on usb hub

the old man 18:17 19 Aug 05

I have a Belkin 4 point hub which is powered from the mains. into the hub is my speedtouch adsl modem, canonlide scanner and a belkin wireless mouse. into the usb sockets at back of computer I have an epson r200 printer and the usb hub. I have tried various permutations of wiring to no avail. Right the problem is that on startup I get one amber light indicator on the hub and to get all three appliances powered up I always have to disconnect the power supply lead to the hub itself. When this is done the green lights come on. Using winxp. this is now getting annoying. when I have to reboot for whatever reason, this problem does not arise.
can anyone help???

johnnyrocker 18:37 19 Aug 05

sounds very similar to my post earlier with a similar prob and it was suggested that i try what you have to do (unfortunately prob has not reappeared so cant verify) but apparently if it works it is an indicator that the power supply itself is on the way out.

johnny.

the old man 18:48 19 Aug 05

could you provide link to your post please.

Technotiger 18:53 19 Aug 05

Hi, this is the link -

click here

Cheers.

the old man 19:01 19 Aug 05

thanks for that. sounds like exact same problem but hub is less than 12 month old. can't remember where i got it from though. just find it frustrating that i have to disconnect power to hub to reconnect to get things working.

mdeko 19:06 19 Aug 05

you should be ok with a belkin, as they have a lifetime guarantee!

juts get it replaced

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…