No GPU drivers in Add/Remove Programs

5HAD0W 12:42 24 Mar 07

Hi all, a few months ago I purchased a Packard Bell iMedia 2569, so everthing was set up for me. I was thinking about a graphics card upgrade, so as a beginner I researched how to do this, although I now inted to wait for a DX10 GPU in the future.

Apparently I have to uninstall my current drivers before making the transfer, which should be labelled in Add/Remove programs, but when I went to look I could not find them listed, despite updating the drivers twice since purchase.

I hear that the drivers can be uninstalled from the device manager, but this does not remove them fully and leaves utilities etc. in place, and I was also under the impression that only very old or corrupt driver versions failed to be listed in the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs?

Can anyone explain how I then uninstall the drivers, why they are not listed or even how I could make them appear in that list?

Many Thanks,
5HAD0W.

johndrew 13:27 24 Mar 07

I must admit my Asus drivers are in Add/remove but I know little of such things.

To update drivers I would either go to the manufacturers site, identify my graphics card and either do an automatic update (if available) or download the identified file(s) and update off-line. You can always check which drivers you have in Device Manager ( right click My Computer/Properties/Hardware tab/Device Manager) select the device and double click. Select the driver tab and details are shown. You can also carry out other actions here.

You could also Google the problem and see what you get. I Googled `install remove drivers in xp` and got these click here there maybe something that will help.

jam500 16:15 24 Mar 07

Hi, Is your currant graphics of the onboard variaty? If so that may be the reason it is not listed.

5HAD0W 16:45 24 Mar 07

No, the card is an Nvidia Geforce 7300 SE, although I do believe it uses some form of TurboCache.

jam500 18:05 24 Mar 07

Hi, I have just put in the google search engine: Nvidia driver removal and got several programs up, If you do the same you can then cherry pick the one you like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…