No Flash animation sound

shaggy1965 15:14 11 Jan 05

Hi.I'm having some difficulties with sound on my PC.

A) All my Explorer sounds have stopped working but games sound and music players (WMP,Realplayer etc) work fine.

B ) I have no sound when I play flash animations,yet flash games have perfect sound.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Shockwave and Flash players and uninstalled and reinstalled my soundcard drivers (generic onboard AC97).

These sounds DID work but one day they just stopped working so I'm guessing that another program or driver is causing a conflict.

I just hope one of you has come across this before and managed to fix it.

Most "Windows" sounds have a sound selected for them but the play button to preview them is ghosted out.I've checked all of the sound and volume options I know of but can't seem to fix it.

Summary :-Flash animations,Explorer and Incredimail (Which I believe uses flash for sound) have no sound....Games,WMP,Realplayer etc work just fine (Soundwise)

Any ideas gratefully received.

shaggy1965 00:16 12 Jan 05

And MSN messenger sounds have all been lost....PLz help!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…