no flash ?

SCROOGE2 22:19 02 Oct 08

whenever i try to open a site that requires flash up pops a the message 'you don't appear to have flash installed on this computer click next to get it'which takes me to adobe website i download flash and install sucsesfully but the site still tells me the same story.what am i doing wrong. os winxp sp2.

brundle 22:35 02 Oct 08

Try some of the steps detailed here; click here

SCROOGE2 23:10 02 Oct 08

thanks brundle,i read and tried all in that posting but still no joy.

Stuartli 00:15 03 Oct 08

There are separate Flash applications for IE and for Firefox and other browsers.

Download the Flash application using your usual browser and you should obtain the correct version; if you use Firefox or other browser as well, repeat the download using that particular browser.

SCROOGE2 22:29 03 Oct 08

thanks Stuartli,according to control pannel i have the upto date version installed on my pc secunia also tells me this when it scans my pc,every thing seems to point to the fact that flash is on my pc.how do i know if i have the correct version for ie7 ?

brundle 13:16 04 Oct 08

Do a search for Flash9?.exe.

If it comes up with Flash9f.exe, that's the latest (in c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash).
Any older versions (Flash9c/d/e - etc) - double click the .exe file to have it update to the latest, and then search for 9f again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…