No firewall is detected....

SB23 21:57 14 Apr 06

When I sign onto Aol, I am now getting that the firewall is off or undetected. I currently use Zone Alarm, and when I look at that, it tells me that I'm protected.
I'll be honest, I'm more inclined to believe what ZA tells me, but why is Aol not recognising that I still have a firewall, when it's been fine till now ?

Any ideas ?

Sb23

User-312386 22:04 14 Apr 06

AOL looks for the windows firewall

SB23 22:11 14 Apr 06

Are you sure, because I've been using ZA for months now, and it's been fine. Even the Windows Security Centre was recognising the ZA firewall, and it still does. Do you think it's a Aol problem ?

gudgulf 23:48 14 Apr 06

There are only a few firewalls and antivirus programs that AOL recognises.....I have Avast av which is recognised and Kerio firewall which isn't.

Zone alarm used to be recognised....maybe a recent update has changed that.

Trust what the firewall itself tells you.....AOL is probably being blocked from detecting Zone alarm so it can't see one installed.

SB23 14:33 15 Apr 06

The pc does seem to have had a few updates recently, and Windows Security Centre is still recognising ZA as a firewall.
Gonna tick as resolved as ZA still says it's ok. I'll ignore it as "just one of those things".
Thanks guys.
SB23

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…