no ethernet in device manager

noony123 22:58 04 Jan 10

can anyone help in plain english pleeeease
in device manager yellow question mark in other devices then another in ethernet controller not installed error (code 28) i know i sound like an idiot but idont know what to do next

mgmcc 08:43 05 Jan 10

Some computers are supplied with a "drivers" CD which includes the drivers for the devices on the motherboard - Sound, Graphics, Modem, Network Adapter etc. It appears that your Network Adapter (ethernet controller) and another on-board device don't have their drivers installed. Do you have such a CD?

If not, double click the "ethernet controller" in Device Manger to open its Properties sheet, select the Drivers tab and click the button to Update Drivers, follow the wizard and see if it will install automatically, accessing the internet for drivers if necessary.

If that's still unsuccessful, you may have to go to the motherboard manufacturer's website to obtain the necessary drivers.

john bunyan 09:06 05 Jan 10

Alternatively, in Device manager, right click the problem device, then choose "Update Driver" - if you cannot connect to the internet try the option to use those it finds on your PC.

Terry Brown 09:09 05 Jan 10

Go to Control Panel ,select the Ethernet controller (Yellow Question mark), right click and select Uninstall.

After this is done, select any item in device manager, goto Action (top Line) and Right Click.
Select Scan for Hardware changes. If your drivers are on your harddrive this will find them, if not you will have to download them from the Drivrs CD.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac