No ethernet after reinstalling win xp home

ray27 08:33 14 Nov 09

After reinstalling Windows xp Home onto an old Dell laptop there area few things not working
I went to Device manager and the following devices were marked with the yellow question mark
Ethernet Controller
Multi Media
PCI Modem
Video Controller
Audio Codecs
I can't get access to the net via the Ethernet cable so can anyone point me to were I can download the Ethernet driver I need using another computer
Everywhere I seem to look wants me to connect to the net Its seems like a catch 22 situation
Once I can get onto the net I may be able to install the other drivers I need
Any advice would be most welcome
cheers Ray

Jollyjohn 08:52 14 Nov 09

You will need the cd supplied with your laptop - this will have the various drivers you need on it.

The Dell website is quite helpful click here

hope this helps

ray27 08:37 15 Nov 09

I have solved the problem I was having What I was doing wrong was trying to install the drivers from the disk by using the "reinstall drivers" in device manager
What you have to do is load the Dell resource disk onto your computer and then unzip all the drivers and they will automatically install many thanks for pointing me in the right direction cheers Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…