No Email icons

chrisod 10:47 04 May 09

Hi i need help with a couple of things that may be linked the 1st is i am getting no icons paperclips bol/italic symbols when using my email page(yahoo)if i put my mouse cursor on them they are there but not visible. The 2nd problem is i am getting red boxes where images/adverts should be on certain web pages. Any help/advice greatfully recieved. Thanks

Clapton is God 11:08 04 May 09

Assuming you're using Internet Explorer as your web browser go to Tools; Internet Options and then under the Security and Privacy tabs ensure they're both set to the Default setting. Click Apply and OK.

This might solve both your problems.

chrisod 11:16 04 May 09

thanks for the advice Yes i`m using IE tried what you said and its just the same. Any more help?

Clapton is God 11:29 04 May 09

Again in Tools; Internet Options.

This time go to the Advanced tab and, assuming IE7, scroll down to Multimedia and ensure everything is ticked except 'Show image download placeholders'.

Click Apply and OK. May need a re-start of IE.

chrisod 11:36 04 May 09

tried that already. its only been like it since we had a power surge and it switched pc off.

Clapton is God 11:39 04 May 09

OK, assuming the surge didn't cause any long-term damage, try System Restore

chrisod 11:41 04 May 09

Ok can you advise me how to do that as im not that clever on the pc. thanks

Clapton is God 11:51 04 May 09

Assuming XP go to Start; All Programs; Accessories; System Tools; System Restore.

When System Restore comes up, choose 'Restore my computer to an earlier time' and click Next.

You will now be presented with a calendar. The dates in dark type are dates when a System Restore point was created.

You need to choose a dark date immediately before your problems started.

Click on that date in the calendar, click Next and follow the wizard through.

It's a good idea to back up all your work (Word, Excel, etc) before using System Restore. Also, if you've made any system changes or installed new programs, after the date you're going to restore to, all those changes will be lost.

Word, Excel, etc will NOT be changed at all.

chrisod 12:21 04 May 09

hello did a system restore and its just the same? got me baffled.

Clapton is God 13:22 04 May 09

"got me baffled"

Me too, I'm afraid!

chrisod 14:21 04 May 09

now sorted thanks. it was an ad-blocker on my antivirus.Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant