no email alert to response to a thread

palinka 13:48 13 Nov 03

Used to receive an email when someone responded to a thread I started. Today nothing, tho there have been responses. Is it just me? Went into "update my Details" but couldn't find anything there that I could change. the tick is still in the box below this New Subject box.

Rtus 13:55 13 Nov 03

Youll get 4million emails when web aint so busy... To be honest emails are now getting slower than Snail mail.

hugh-265156 14:02 13 Nov 03

try emailing yourself and see how long it takes.

palinka 14:09 13 Nov 03

but I've alreeady received an alert to this one, only 10 mins after posting it. Maybe there was a glitch somewhere earlier today as I've still not received an alert to that earlier posting to which there was a response.

pj123 17:29 13 Nov 03

Did you get this alert? and what is the link to your previous thread?

Maybe the new system recognises you have viewed the response, so doesn't email.

denchris 18:17 13 Nov 03

Nice one [email protected]@m ....

palinka 18:41 13 Nov 03

that might be the solution [email protected]@m, but it's never happened before. What happened was I posted a thread around 11am (posted several today, so I've rather lost track)and only discovered there was a response when at about 3pm I went to My Postings. Found it had come in at around 12noon.
Yet I'd been on line most of the time and had checked my email several times, so there was plenty of opportunity to receive an alert before I went to My Postings. But I received the first alert for this thread only 10 mins after posting it. Ah well, put it down to gremlins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…