No email

sharpeyes 10:33 19 Mar 08

I recently downloaded a free update of Norton to 2008. I immediately started to receive spam. I then noticed that Norton Antispam was an add on.
I eventually got this to download. Since then I am no longer receiving emails from my ISP (tiscali) to Outlook. When I click on 'SEND/RECEIVE' a window opens and then immediately closes. I am also getting more 'Pop up' messages where I previously received none,
mainly on another forum when receiving a PM.
Notification of a PM is showing in Outlook.

Is this Norton or has my email account been hilacked?
Chris

sharpeyes 11:09 19 Mar 08

I now find the Windows Security Centre says that it is switched off and I cannot find how to switch it on.

Clapton is God 12:29 19 Mar 08

Have you looked in Tiscali webmail to check that you have e-mail on their servers?

Go to Start; Accessories; System Tools; Security Centre to check that it's running

sharpeyes 12:42 19 Mar 08

Tiscali had mail yesterday but it did not reach Outlook. One of the senders had an email from tiscali saying the message was delayed. Other messages on tiscali server have disappeared now.

Serurity centre is saying it is unavailable because it was stopped or did not start.

Clapton is God 12:57 19 Mar 08
  sharpeyes 14:45 19 Mar 08

Thanks that got the security centre started.
Still not sure if I'm getting emails it looks as if something is stopping me connecting to tiscali email (POP3).
I have started windows firewall and disabled norton's to see if that works.

sharpeyes 16:38 19 Mar 08

Definately not getting emails. The senders are being notified of non delivery so something is wrong somewhere and I haven't a clue what to do now.

Clapton is God 16:50 19 Mar 08

Time for you to have a chat with Tiscali, I think

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…