No editor configured for exe files?

STEVE71163 07:06 05 Jul 03

I am trying to download and open a web template and when i have downloaded the file to my c drive and then try and open, It says-There is no editor configured for exe files. Any ideas what is wrong?

DieSse 10:03 05 Jul 03

"There is no editor configured for exe files" - You can't edit a program file, which is what an exe file is.

Can you please post the full name of the file you have downloaded, and from where - I will give it a whirl.

STEVE71163 10:25 05 Jul 03

Thanks DieSse. You will not be able to get to the file because its not one for general download i had to buy it. It downloaded onto my system but not into my webs where i could use it with frontpage.

jazzypop 12:41 05 Jul 03

If you downloaded a file that ends in .exe, and contains Frontpage web templates, you have probably downloaded a self-executing Zip file.

Open Windows Explorer, find the .exe file that you downloaded, and double-click it. It will almost certainly ask you the location that you want to extract the contents into - make sure you tell it to extract to the Templates folder for your version of Frontpage.

STEVE71163 13:59 05 Jul 03

Thanks jazzypop. No that is not working! Acording to the instructions you are supposed to download to your my webs folder and then open frontpage and it should be their. When i open my webs its not their until i change the drop down menu to all files but this will not let me open it.

Jester2K II 14:16 05 Jul 03

Try opening it using the Tools Menu, Add Ins....

Your trying to open it as if its a web page which as its an EXE file you can't do.

Jester2K II 14:17 05 Jul 03

Or can you tell us what it is and point us at a webspge where you got it from so we can see what it is you are trying to use??

STEVE71163 16:03 05 Jul 03

Thanks for the help. I am contacting the company as i have had other templates from them that were ok so i think their is something wrong with this one.

Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…