NO E-Mail Notification,,,,,,,

Furkin 13:15 18 Mar 08

Hi,
For some reason a few weeks ago, I stopped getting e-mail notifications when I get replies on these pages.
I have checked &/or unchecked the box under this message field, to no avail.
Just a niggle, but it's nice to know when you have a reply,,,, especially if you'r waiting for something urgent.

It seems o.k on other forums.

Any ideas please ?

Jak_1 13:17 18 Mar 08

No problem here, I get the notification.

Furkin 22:35 19 Mar 08

folks ?

FatboySlim71 23:10 19 Mar 08

I was having the same problem the other week albeit on a different forum, i.e. not receiving email notifications of new posts.

In the end up I set up a G Mail (Google Mail) email account, this was very easy to do.

Since doing this I now always get my notifications from that site.

click here

Stuartli 23:20 19 Mar 08

I receive this website's e-mail notifications with very little delay from the actual posting(s).

Stuartli 23:21 19 Mar 08

Do you have a spam filter or similar e-mail check?

walesrob 00:07 20 Mar 08

Who is your email provider?

If its AOL or Hotmail, I too have experienced lost email notifications from some forums.

FatboySlim71 07:35 20 Mar 08

I know that when I was with AOL (using AOL for my email) I would not receive notifications from certain sites/forums, I don't know why this was?
maybe they block emails getting through from certain domains?

I will add though that I do not use G Mail (Google Mail) for the PC Advisor forum, I use my ISP's email service. The forum in question I mentioned (the one where I wasn't receiving notifications from) I would not receive notifications if I used my ISP's email service, maybe they block emails getting through from certain domains?

All I know is that since using G Mail I always get notifications from the forum that I wasn't getting it from before.

Furkin 10:26 23 Mar 08

thanks folks,

E.Mail is by Supanet via/sync BT B.Band.

It was fine until a couple of months ago,,,, as far as I am aware, I have touched nothing that might have done this (but you never know ?!?!)

as I say, I still get notifications from other forums etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac