No drives accessable

Mike Mills 21:06 05 Aug 03

I am running XP Home, all of the drives (cd, dvd and floppy) are not accessable under any of the four different user accounts that we have set-up. I do not recall changing anything, has anybody any ideas where I might start looking to try and resolve this issue? Thank you.

JIM 21:24 05 Aug 03

In win xp is a MMC snap in, called group policy, that will allow you to hide specific drives from all users. Also WinXP powertoys using the TweakUI which can also hide specific drives.

Have you used any of the above.?
Any new software added of late?

Mike Mills 21:29 05 Aug 03

hello, yes have used Winxp powertoys using TweakUI a couple of months ago, not sure what i did with it though.....a little knowledge is dangerous? hahahaha what might I have done?

Mike Mills 21:31 05 Aug 03

no new software added lately, what is the "MMC snap in" ? I really wouldn't know if I have altered anything with this item!

JIM 22:05 05 Aug 03

MMC snap in if you dont know ,i would asume you have not been to it.You would have to go to run type in mcc click ok ect.SO forget that!

your Winxp powertoys using TweakUI seems like the culprit at this time."I say looks like"
To not get you into any more trouble,have a look and a think at what you may have played around with.See if you come across any tool that you entered to change,without doing anything at the moment.

Have you tried the systems retore before adding the powertoys? How long you had WinXP(new system?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…