No drives?????

webbie 16:47 24 Nov 04

My daughter deleted a virus file!! and I can't get access to my drives I have tried reloading XP, I have even tried reloading '95 but to no avail. My latest try was to connect up my old 95 drive and then load xp onto it but when I do that and reboot it tells me that there are no physical drives ...SO...fdisk, format, MBR SYS etc and still no physical drives. The cables are all OK as are the drives..at least they show up under DOS.
Loosing hair rapidly
Jim

Kegger 17:59 24 Nov 04

win 95 will not be able to see NTFS drives (if that was your standard XP install) you will need to re-install win XP / Win 2000 to be able see NTFS drives. if you are confident in re-installing win XP, boot from disk and then select 'repair' from the list displayed. this will replace / rebuild your win xp back to what it was. you will then be able to see your drives.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:00 24 Nov 04

Do drives show in BIOS?

Problem with IDE drivers uninstall and reinstall?

Stuartli 18:04 24 Nov 04

As Kegger mentions, with XP do an install but ignore the first Repair option (i.e. console) and continue to Install.

The installation process should recognise as it progresses that XP is already installed and provide the choice of a Repair.

webbie 06:15 25 Nov 04

I downloaded XP boot floppies from MS it runs disk 1 but gives me an error 7 on disk 2. XP CD will still not boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…