No drivers came with my new NEC 2500 DVDRW

DICK 20:09 25 May 04

My new nec 2500 dvdrw came to day from Dabs with no drivers or any info.I am running Windows 98se
the new drive is playing pc roms ok but cant get the burner to to work with nero

Mikè 20:15 25 May 04

Is it identified correctly in device manager?

The most likely cause is that your version of Nero doesn't recognise it, maybe there's an update available.

SantasLittleHelper 20:18 25 May 04

Are you using Nero version 6?

Old Shep 20:22 25 May 04

You should not need drivers for it. I installed a new cdrw and worked without any disc's been loaded. click here if you are having problems click on the contact us and ask them but like the above I suspect Nero is playing up.

DICK 20:30 25 May 04

Looks like it is identified correctly in device manager and i am useing nero 5.5
I will load up a demo nero 6 and see if that helps.
i will keep u all up dated

Thanks

does 5.5 support dvd writers.

i know it can burn cd's but its the dvd witer part it doesn't recognise.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 21:26 25 May 04
  woodchip 21:34 25 May 04

Did you get NERO with the Drive? if not that is why it will not work. If it's a old version of NERO it may not recognise the Drive. The drivers that make the CD-rom work as a reader are MSCDEX part of windows, the only other drivers that are used are included with programs Like NERO that allow the software to talk to the Drive

DICK 00:47 27 May 04

Many thanks for every help with this prob.
I load the demo of nero 6 and now all is well.
many thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…