//some 3rd party need geo

NO Driver FOr Generic USB Hub 1.0 - 1.1

AbodeMilano 09:48 12 Sep 05

Hello,

I have a 4 port USB hub (very generic, no real brand). It recognises it when I plug in to Win XP Pro SP2 as a USB HUb but it cannot find a driver for it. I'm at a real loss here as I have browsed a few forums and nobody seems to know how how to fix it.

hkvic 10:07 12 Sep 05

You shouldn't need one in XP. Just plug it in and you should see the drive with it's associated drive letter in 'My computer'. Just double click on it to access.

I have two running on my XP machine and have not needed drivers, just plug n' go. I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that drivers would be required if trying to use the drive on a machine prior to XP - Win98 etc.

AbodeMilano 10:25 12 Sep 05

Yes I understand this. It does come up with the found new hardware USB Hub, but the nit requires a driver. I've looked at a few other forums and there does appear to be issues with XP Pro and some of the more generic hubs.

johnnyrocker 10:26 12 Sep 05

did the hub not come with a disk?

johnny.

AbodeMilano 10:28 12 Sep 05

Hi JOhnyy, no it didn't. According to the little instructions (and these are correct) it SHOULD just be plug and play.

Hamish 10:40 12 Sep 05

Have you tried typing USB Hub Drivers into Google. It will bring up a number of sites which may help.

AbodeMilano 14:32 12 Sep 05

Well after much searching, no luck. Found out hub is Belkin, but on the website there is no driver for it as they say one is not needed. Funny this is, I plugged into mums laptop and it works right away, both using SP2. Im really stumped.

ACOLYTE 17:10 12 Sep 05

Have you tried to cancel the driver wizard,and see if it still works.

hkvic 00:01 13 Sep 05

Sorry if I confused matters there.. I was supposed to be typing about USB hubs but was thinking about my USB pen drive at the same time, hence reference to drive letters etc. Duh!

Anyways one of my hubs is also a Belkin, no drivers supplied and none needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…