No driver in direct memory access controller

patsyanne 10:38 25 Jul 05

I just checked all my drivers and in direct memory access controller it says no driver has been installed ! sorry to be thick but did i have one anyway and if i had where did it go and where do i have to go to get a driver ? please ,windows xp

patsyanne 11:42 25 Jul 05

I have tried fixing it i went into trouble shoot and one of the options was uninstall it then when i boot up windows should know its not there and put it back so i did that but it has come up just the same no drivers installed it just says the driver is ,Standard system devices manfacturer

gudgulf 11:45 25 Jul 05

The DMA controller does not need a software driver as it is controlled by the motherboard chipset (on my pc thats an INTEL chipset).If a device has hardware support(ie the chipset) no additional software driver is necessary and so you will see the message that no driver is installed when you look in Device Manager.

So the answer to your query is that you don't have a driver for the DMA don't need one. You haven't lost it and do not need to go looking for one.....Hope that helps.

patsyanne 11:48 25 Jul 05

Cheers gudgulf oh well i been worrying about something i didnt have in the first place ! thanks fot the info .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…