No display on monitor

mulva42 19:27 07 Apr 03

Hi,
I have a Dell Optiplex GX1 and iam not getting any
Picture on my monitor when i boot the system up, The Monitor is okay when i use it on my IBM pc so it's not that.
It seems everything else is running on boot i.e Hard drive,Processor, Fans, There are around six Beeps comming from the speaker 3 fast and three long slow one's.
Should i just try and pick up a new one instead of the hassle of trying to fix it?

ThisNameIsMine 19:36 07 Apr 03

Can you see information when the system is booting and not just in windows? If so then windows does not have a correct driver for your monitor. Try booting up in safemode. If not then there is a problem with your graphics card I would have thought but I may be wrong.

hellred 19:38 07 Apr 03

In your Motherboard manual is a list of what the beeps mean at startup. trace the problem that way. Or try dells website, from another pc and see what the problem could be.

A Cat Called George 19:39 07 Apr 03

Contact Dell and find out what that beep code means. It may well be telling you that your graphics card is faulty.

ThisNameIsMine 19:41 07 Apr 03

done some research and if you have a ATI Graphics card its probaly faulty, like I said.

woodchip 19:44 07 Apr 03

Graphic's card problem, if you have a spare card try it in the comp

woodchip 19:47 07 Apr 03

PS if you have more than one stick of memory take one out to try it. the one remaining should be in slot 0 or 1

AndySD 19:51 07 Apr 03

there should be 3 beep codes

eg 3 short 1 long 2 short

Otherwise try removing and reseating the RAM

mulva42 10:45 08 Apr 03

Can't see info on screen, I will check the graphics card and memory, Dell web is telling me it's down to the mother board which i already know. Thanks guys....

mulva42 13:01 08 Apr 03

Is anyone know for certain but but i think it has a graphics chip on board and it might be that, But I am only surmising if only i could get a hold of the schematics i would be able to debug the card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac