NO Display on monitor

Arvind 11:06 02 Mar 08

NO Display on monitor
I have problem where the computer turns on ,fans running no display on monitor.i have changed to my other monitor which i know is working but no joy.I donot get the post beep.the fans are running.can anybody helppppppppppppppppppp

Thatslife 11:08 02 Mar 08

Are you using a graphics card? Is it connected properly?

'I donot get the post beep' Do you mean the 'beep' after you turn your machine on? If so it could indicate a mobo problem??

Arvind 11:14 02 Mar 08

i do have a graphic card and is connected properly .

Yes the beep is after i turn my machine on...............

Eargasm 11:15 02 Mar 08

I had a similar problem recently after adding a new dvd writer, no beeps no display i was convinced it was a graphics card problem so i removed it and replaced, but still no joy. I removed all the memory and booted the computer, (recieved 3 beeps)swiched off and inserted the memory again and everything worked fine.

ambra4 11:15 02 Mar 08

I could also be a memory problem

Arvind 11:17 02 Mar 08

i will try memory out.....thks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:13 02 Mar 08

"I donot get the post beep.the fans are running."

No beep suggests a PSU or motherboard problem.

BIOS wold give different beep codes for memory /video card etc.

Arvind 13:13 02 Mar 08

i tried both removing the graphic card and also taking memory out still no beep and the monitor does not come on.............

Arvind 10:02 03 Mar 08

still no display on monitor after trying with memory and graphic card...helppppppp

rickd 13:27 03 Mar 08

Had the same recently - freezing before post completes. Had it fully tested and turned out to be a dead Mobo, which was replaced and it works fine again. If you have a spare PSU to swap you could try that first, but I'd prepare yourself for a new Mobo.
Sorry.

Ashrich 17:43 03 Mar 08

Beg borrow or steal ( Ok , maybe not steal ) some different memory , and swap it for what is already in there first , I've seen a few of this problem before , and quite often a different stick of memory cures it .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…