No display

Tag677 13:10 09 Jan 03
  Tag677 13:10 09 Jan 03

Problem:
Over the couple of months, when I completly power down my PC and then start it up again, no signal is being sent to my LCD monitor. The monitor displays 'No signal present check connections and leads'. I have done that and it still wouldn't work. The only thing that has got it up and running again was to go into PC and remove and then put back my Graphics card Nvidea gforce 2 mx400. This problem has only started happenibg since I got my LCD monitor (iiyama).
I first thought I might be the monitor, but it does display a 'no signal warning'.

Question:
Has anyone got any ideas as what could be at fault?
If I replaced my Graphics card what would you suggest upto £60?

Cheers

Old PC man 13:32 09 Jan 03

Hi there.

From your description it would seem that your graphics card is not seating in the AGP socket properly. If you remove the card and then re-seat it and it works then I would suspect the card/socket interface. Firstly, check that there is no contact between the graphics card and any adjacent wiring/metalwork.

Have you got the latest drivers for your graphics card? Try the manufacturers website for the latest downloads for both Graphics card and monitor

John

nightporter 13:36 09 Jan 03

Its the graphics card. You say it works after you remove it and then replace it, this suggests the card is unseating itself. My motherboard has clips which hold the G/card down, see if yours has, if not, is there excessive vibration, this could unseat the card.

nightporter 13:37 09 Jan 03

Too slow, must type with 2 fingers next time.

Old PC man 13:51 09 Jan 03

nightporter. Youre not too slow, I started typing at 12 minutes past One.

John

PA28 14:06 09 Jan 03

.... or the lead from the graphics card to the monitor is loose or has a bad connection?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…