No disk in DVD

skylark101 20:40 29 Sep 04

A friend on mine has recently bought a second user system and is having problems playing DVDs, while trying to play a borrowed DVD movie he usually gets a message saying no disk in drive Q, I say he usually gets this message; however it has played before on his system! I also find it strange that the DVD drive is listed as drive Q ? can anyone shed any light on the matter?.

Rtus 21:27 29 Sep 04

try going into the drives properties (control panel) & set the drive to the correct sequence letter. you may find it isnt set at all. & on some machines thats all it takes to make it behave.

Dipso 21:33 29 Sep 04

What is the exact error message? got 3 separate "No Disk" errors which related to ZoneAlarm, Quick Time and a Hewlett Packard program I run. I resolved 2 of these by uninstalling/reinstalling my card reader. The Quick Time (QTTask.exe) error is more common and can easily be resolved by deleting or renaming a Quick Time file click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…