No disk in drive message

Ray5776 18:09 01 Jan 06

Hello all,
can anyone tell me why I keep getting the message "Please insert disk in drive" or "No disk in drive"
when the disk CD or DVD is in the drive, I have 3 cd/dvd drives and they all do it, not all the time but much too often. I have found an explaination for this on the microsoft site but you need to be Einstein to understand it. Can anyone give me a simple solution please.

Ray

Diodorus Siculus 18:46 01 Jan 06

Post the link to the MS site and someone will hopefully translate it for you.

Ray5776 19:11 01 Jan 06

Thanks I will give that a try.

Ray

zemdarin 19:18 01 Jan 06

Hi Ray I have the same problem and have scoured many forums looking for the answer, as yet nobody seems to have a clue. It would seem this is happening to a lot of people, which is very annoying. I think somebody seems to have invented a way to stop people using their CD R/W. I have an LG GSA 4081B. I always used Windows to write my CDs by dragging and dropping into my R/W or Nero. Neither can even understand now that there is a brand new disc in the writer/player. They can read which seems funny but not write. I can also make films and write them using Pinnacle Studio, but only DVD R/W or DVD R. If somebody has the answer there will be a lot of people happy.

Ray5776 19:27 01 Jan 06

There are over 100 links to this on the microsoft site, I dont know how to post a link to the links nor do think I would get much response if I could.

Ray

Ray5776 19:34 01 Jan 06

This appears to be a very common problem, for ZEMDARIN try "microsoft" then go to support and type in "no disk in drive" there may be something there that can help you but I found it a bit confusing.

Ray

Dazza40 19:36 01 Jan 06

I have had the same problem as well. Appears with mine to have occured since I installed a Lexmark USB printer. Only way I have managed to work around is to unplug the USB for the printer, update the USB drivers and then plug printer back in.
Works fine for a while then PC will not play DVDs and have to do the same. System Restore doesn't always seem to work either. Some times it does, sometimes it doesn't. A longer term fix would be very useful.

Ray5776 19:44 01 Jan 06

I did not expect a lot of response to this one as nobody seems to know. If anyone wants to visit the microsoft support forum you will see what I mean.

Ray

VoG II 20:50 01 Jan 06

Copy what is in your address bar when you are looking at the Microsoft site you are talking about.

Paste it as a response to this thread.

Which version of Windows?

Ray5776 21:37 01 Jan 06

Hi Vog I am using Win 2000 pro.I have read your last posting I cannot paste 100 plus links onto this site.

Ray

Ray5776 21:46 01 Jan 06

I can go to the microsoft support forum and if you tell me how I may be able to post it here but there are hundreds of pages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…