no disk in d drive

yorkieman 22:57 19 Aug 05

could some help please it's driving me crazy, i recently removed my external hardrive which was my d drive when i re-enstalled it it became my J drive, the d drive is now my dvd rewriter the problem is when i run a programme i get a box coming up saying (there is no disk in the drive please insert a disk into drive d) there are 3 boxes wich say cancel-- try again-- continue-- i have to click 8 times on continue to get rid of it but it comes back again after a few minuets thanks in advance for any help

Dipso 23:11 19 Aug 05

This is a post which I contributed to click here No disk errors can be caused by a number of things, hardware or software incompatability. The exact error message can give a clue.

wobblymike 09:25 20 Aug 05

if you are running xp it is very easy to change drive letter assignations via disc manager if you want chapter and verse post back

yorkieman 21:45 20 Aug 05

if you could let me have details i would be gratefull wobblymike

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:12 20 Aug 05
  wobblymike 08:18 21 Aug 05

yorkieman
Fruit Bat /\0/\ given you the steer above remember this though
You will need to free up the d letter if you want to reallocate - the way to do this is to switch off your PC, unplug your cd drive then switch back on. Go through the process explained by Fruit Bat /\0/\ above and then reallocate the letter d which will show as available (when the box showing available drive letters initially opens you may not see letter d - you will have to remember to scroll up)to whichever drive you wish. Once done switch off your PC reconnect your cd crive and switch back on - it will now automatically be given the next available drive letter. Any probs post back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…