no disk in d drive

yorkieman 22:57 19 Aug 05

could some help please it's driving me crazy, i recently removed my external hardrive which was my d drive when i re-enstalled it it became my J drive, the d drive is now my dvd rewriter the problem is when i run a programme i get a box coming up saying (there is no disk in the drive please insert a disk into drive d) there are 3 boxes wich say cancel-- try again-- continue-- i have to click 8 times on continue to get rid of it but it comes back again after a few minuets thanks in advance for any help

Dipso 23:11 19 Aug 05

This is a post which I contributed to click here No disk errors can be caused by a number of things, hardware or software incompatability. The exact error message can give a clue.

wobblymike 09:25 20 Aug 05

if you are running xp it is very easy to change drive letter assignations via disc manager if you want chapter and verse post back

yorkieman 21:45 20 Aug 05

if you could let me have details i would be gratefull wobblymike

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:12 20 Aug 05
  wobblymike 08:18 21 Aug 05

yorkieman
Fruit Bat /\0/\ given you the steer above remember this though
You will need to free up the d letter if you want to reallocate - the way to do this is to switch off your PC, unplug your cd drive then switch back on. Go through the process explained by Fruit Bat /\0/\ above and then reallocate the letter d which will show as available (when the box showing available drive letters initially opens you may not see letter d - you will have to remember to scroll up)to whichever drive you wish. Once done switch off your PC reconnect your cd crive and switch back on - it will now automatically be given the next available drive letter. Any probs post back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…