//some 3rd party need geo

No disconnect prompt when closing Internet

robit 20:11 10 Nov 03

Help, I get no 'do you want to disconnect' prompt when leaving Internet Explorer. I cannot get to the 'advanced dial up' dialogue box where I want to check the usual "disconnect when connection may no longer be needed" box. The previous connection tab is O.K. under Internet Options but when you click on settings the advanced button is greyed out and seems to be disabled. Does anyone know why?

A_World_Maker 20:25 10 Nov 03

Are you using Broadband or Dialup?

esbe 23:09 10 Nov 03

Hi.if your'e using dialup try
Internet Explorer/Tools/Options/Connections/Settings/Properties/Dialling, then tick 'Disconnect when connection not needed'or try Add/Remove Progs/Internet Explorer/ Add/Remove, & choose the Repair option.
cheers

robit 19:11 11 Nov 03

A_World_Maker

Dial Up

robit 19:19 11 Nov 03

esbe

I have got as far as 'properties' but their is no Dialling button.

Djohn 19:58 11 Nov 03

Open IE click on tools from the toolbar, choose "Internet options" from the drop down menu.

Then "Connections" tab, then "Settings button", then "Advanced"

Another small window will pop up on top of the one that is open. Place a tick in the box, "Disconnect when internet connection no longer required" j.

robit 20:29 11 Nov 03

Djohn

The advanced button is greyed out which is what I'm trying to solve!

Nosmas 21:22 11 Nov 03

Are you looking at the correct 'Advanced' button? When you click on the Settings button the window then displayed has three sections. On my system the middle one (Proxy Server) has a greyed out Advanced button, but the bottom section (Dial-up settings) has an operational 'Advanced' button

Djohn 22:42 11 Nov 03

Nosmas is correct, look for the "Advanced" button toward the bottom right of window, under "dial-up settings"

Click on that one and the window you want will open on top of the one that is already open, but it's only half the size and covers the top half of the current window. That's why It's easy to miss. You will see the box to tick from there. j.

robit 19:17 12 Nov 03

Nosmas and Djohn

I will have another go, will get back to you.Cheers

robit 19:16 13 Nov 03

Yes, I've had another look and it is the correct advanced tab i'm looking at. As well as the advanced tab being greyed out so is the 'User name' and 'Password' (next to it) and 'domain'. The only thing not greyed out is the properties button all under Dial up settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…