no disc in dvd rw

rich351 21:14 03 Jun 03

somone please help! i am trying to burn dvds and when i get to the burn cd part the software tells me to insert a disc into the drive when there is already one in, three software programs all do the same but it will let me play a disc.
ive got a time computer four months old which came with a cdrw and dvd rom drive i have replaced the dvd rom drive with a mirror dvd writer, i am using the driver which was installed when i bought the computer.
the driver that came with the hardware still does the same which i cant use because it overides other hardware i have anyway, ie my camera, can anyone point me in the right direction

-pops- 21:21 03 Jun 03

Do you have your DVD burner and CD burner on the same IDE cable?

If so (it is likely) then make sure that the device on the end of the cable has its jumpers set to Master and the device on the other connector set to slave.

On a practical point, you don't really need a CD burner and a DVD burner as the latter fulfills the functions of both. What I would suggest is sell the CD burner, put the DVD burner in its place and then use the DVD ROM as the general purpose DVD/CD playing device.

Brian

-pops- 06:38 04 Jun 03

If you are using Nero, ensure it is up to date. Download the update from click here

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…