no desk top icons or start button

brihen 13:01 05 Jan 03
  brihen 13:01 05 Jan 03

help please serched data base cannot find anything on this problem windows 98se system on start up windows splash screen displays music plays then blue screen with mouse pointer start button flashes on screen for one second then dissapears same thing happens in safe mode but safe mode wording in each corner HELP

Joe McG 13:06 05 Jan 03

brihen, click on start-settings-taskbar and start menu. Make sure that always on top is ticked and click on apply.

brihen 13:15 05 Jan 03

there is no task bar no matter where pointer goes
there is nothing on the screen not just a hidden task bar

Joe McG 13:21 05 Jan 03

brihen, have you tried a system file check.?
If not go to start-programs-accessories-system tools-system information-tools. Before you click on the checker make sure that you have your win 98cd in your cd drive.

brihen 13:25 05 Jan 03

thanks for trying to help but i cannmot go to anything the screen does no display anything except the mouse pionter so i cannot go to start etc etc if i han a task bar or start button I would be able to sought out my self

VoG™ 13:33 05 Jan 03

Have you got a Windows key on your keyboard? If so, pressing it should bring up the Start menu.

brihen 14:04 05 Jan 03

thanks but have tried that

VoG™ 14:09 05 Jan 03

CTRL+ESC should open the Start menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…