No deivices in device manager

Confused_smurf 21:33 27 Aug 08

I recently had a virus but i got rid of it with Norton, i also did a full system recovery. when i tried to plug my ipod in my computer wouldnt even recognize my ipod, i looked in my computer and found there was no removable devices, i looked in device manager and there is nothing in there either, my plug-and-play is also on automatic, i have tried everything i can think of and im really desperate to get this working can someone please help me?

brundle 21:41 27 Aug 08

click here

Scroll to #107, download .reg file, double click and select Yes to merge. Reboot.

Confused_smurf 21:46 27 Aug 08

Thanks but nothing happens i just get a load of writing

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Policies\Explorer\]
"NoStrCmpLogical"=dword:00000001

=/

brundle 21:51 27 Aug 08

OK, save the file to your desktop (devicemanagerrestore.reg)

Now go to start menu/run, type

cmd

press return

At the command prompt, type

cd Desktop

press return.

Your prompt should say

c:\documents and settings\<account name>\Desktop

type

regedit devicemanagerrestore.reg

Press return.

You should see the requester with the OK/Yes button to click.

brundle 22:07 27 Aug 08

Just to be sure - if you mean the link appears as text when you try to download it, right click it and select Save As

Confused_smurf 22:13 27 Aug 08

sorry to keep mithering but it still wont work
=[

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…