No Default Gateway - limited connectivity

Tizzle 10:42 27 Jun 10

Have been trying to sort this for days now. PC lost internet connection, (ADSL connection) and gave "limited connectivity" message. I thought it was onboard NIC card, so replaced it with PCI card - not fixed. Connected my laptop to ethernet cable - works fine, so router/cable combination OK.
Took PC to another location, (DSL connection) and connected to that network (which has working computers) - still same fault. Running IPCONFIG shows no Default Gateway set, and an IP address beginning 169.254.X.X which I believe is APIA related. Have disabled APIA in registry, and ran all th etools I can find (IPCONFIG /release/renew, netsh ip reset, netsh winsock, flushdns, etc.etc.) all to no avail.
Finally had enough - deleted HDD partition, reformatted and re-installed and STILL have the same problem on both NICs. Have now tried setting fixed IP address - "limited connectivity" messaege has gone, but still can't load a web page.
ANY help gratefully appreciated, before I pull out what remaining hair I have!

Tizzle

Jollyjohn 15:43 27 Jun 10

I no Default gateway is listed it would suggest the NIC's are not working properly. In device manager is there a yellow exclamation mark? Are they listed at all?
Ensure you have the correct driver for the NIC
And clutching at straws have you tried a different socket on the router?

Tizzle 23:45 27 Jun 10

Hi Jollyjohn,

Have tried a couple of the router ports, which made no difference.
Device Manager shows the NIC to be working properly, with the latest driver, but I'm going to get a new NIC tomorrow just for my own peace of mind - will see how we get on after that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced