No connectivity from iTunes since Wed 16/2

Grendel 21:48 18 Feb 11

Quite a bit on this on the Apple forums from around the world over the last couple of weeks. Since Wednesday, when possibly just coincidentally iTunes advertised the Brit Awards video performances for download, I have been unable to get any connectivity from iTunes - Store, check for any updates, or updates to downloaded Apps - although it has been incrementing the number of apps for which updates are available so there would seem to be some degree of connectivity. All other network connectivity is working ok - hence able to post this query - and the common denominator is iTunes, I can't access it on my wi-fi iPad or iPhone either, whether via wi-fi or that turned off so forced to use the mobile network. All other connectivity is ok.

I do find it frustrating when users on the Apple forums for example just fail to grasp the principles of differential diagnosis detailed by previous posters, advising for example to check LAN settings when they are exactly as advised. So what has gone wrong with iTunes?

I refer to the Brit Awards as previously this has happened when Apple released new / updated versions of iOS and everyone was after it at the same time, though I've never known the queue to last for days, usually 24 hours max.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…