no connection to msn or hotmail

howard60 17:45 09 Jul 05

a friend has asked me how to get msn and hotmail to work on his new dell pc. He can get google and make connections as normal but any click on msn or hotmail just does nothing. pc is on xp pro and appears to be working perfectly apart from this. I wonder if Dell have had a row with Bill!

octal 17:57 09 Jul 05

Has your friend tried typng MSN or Hotamail's address directly into the address bar?

howard60 18:29 09 Jul 05

yes and nothing happens

VoG II 18:32 09 Jul 05

"does nothing" - does it bring up a blank page or really do nothing?

AubreyS 19:04 09 Jul 05

MSN was off this morning in some area's. If you open up the contacts box, go to help and then service staus it will say if there are any problmes.

bruno 20:25 09 Jul 05

What is your ISP?

howard60 15:38 10 Jul 05

VoG™ the blue line starts working its way across the page but does not get half way no matter how long it is left. Bruno the isp is blueyonder. When the old pc is reconnected instead of the new one all works well as before.

howard60 18:07 29 Jul 05

as I am unable to resolve this at this time I will do a clean install and mark this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…