No connection lights on EchoLife router.

User-1457457 15:41 24 Jun 10

I have switched my broadband provider to TalkTalk, due to the cheapness of their service. A mistake I do not reccomend! It has been constant problems, and their support team really do not help.

We received a new router. An EchoLife HG521, brand new. I connected it to my pc, windows 7, Ethernet cable. (the router is compatible with my pc's specs), plugged in the phone line and hey presto it worked and I got a some what steady connection for the evening. Next day, booted up my pc, and the router lights fail to come on. The only light that appears is the power light.

I've checked the cables are connected properly, taken them out and back in, rebooted, reset the modem, checked the drivers of th router. I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing will make the lights come on.

What is strange however, is that sometimes the router will work for mabye 5 minutes of it's own accord, then stop working. Nothing changes, it just has a mind on it's own.

Any advice or help would be greatly, enourmesly appreciated, as i'm at the end of my tether. Is it the router? Or my pc?

Thanks in advance :)

mgmcc 19:02 24 Jun 10

It does sound as though the router is faulty. Do you still have a router from your previous provider? If it wasn't "locked" to their service you should still be able to use that instead of the new one.

User-1457457 19:19 24 Jun 10

I don't have one that's compatible with windows 7 unfortunately. I have been on the phone with talk talk and they said they'd send me a new router, but knowing them it'll take forever.

Thanks for your advice though :)

mgmcc 20:21 24 Jun 10

Routers are "platform independent" - it doesn't make any difference whether you're using Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Linux, Mac OSX etc. They all connect using the same standard TCP/IP protocol.

User-1457457 20:46 24 Jun 10

It's just a modem, which is only compatible with windows 7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac