No connection with a Belkin router and bt voyager

orpey 14:29 29 Dec 06

Anyone out there give me any advice please. I have BT BROADBAND (voyager 205) and connect with wireless to a second computer with a belkin router. i have had no problems with this however I purchased a lap top for my son, wireless enabled but i cannot connect. It recieves an excellant signal but cannot connect. I get connection through a linksy router which must be coming from around where i live.
PLEASE HELP!

palinka 18:34 29 Dec 06

I'm puzzled : "through a linksy router which must be coming from around where i live." Do you mean you are (illegally)"borrowing" someone elses's broadband connection?

There are lots of threads on this site about connecting 2 or more pcs (inc laptops) to a single BB connection - but diffucult to find them at the moment as the search facility is not functioning, and suspect it will remain so until after the new year holiday.

You will probably have to use in the laptop the disk that came with your router to make the two connect; also check what internet connection the new laptop is trying to find - it should be the same BB connection that your other PC(s) connect to.

postie24 19:05 29 Dec 06

Right click wireless icon in system tray,click view available networks.Click on your network to connect.Have you carried the security settings over to the laptop?

If you havnt secured your network,go to your router homepage,click security,and set up wpa encryption.

Postie24

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…