no connection after defrag

andalusian 22:18 26 Feb 07

Hi

i'd consider myself an advanced pc user but i've gotten myself into a pickle. i'm fixing a computer for a friend of mine because shes having some spyware issues. i live in the united states and i have comcast cable internet. It was working fine on her computer, but after i defragmented the hard drive, it just says "limited or no connectivity" i've tried disabling the firewall, disabling and uninstalling virus/spyware removal programs (avg and adaware) but nothing works. my connection is fine once i plug it back into my computer, so i know theres nothing wrong with the internet itself or the router. shes running windows xp home edition on a dell desktop.

this is driving me nuts...i need to get this computer up and running again. any help would be appreciated.

-katie

Strawballs 22:46 26 Feb 07

Have you checked in internet connections that it is ticked for connect through Lan and that never dial a connection is ticked.

Ashrich 16:32 27 Feb 07

Try a Winsock fix , that's the thing that get broken most often when removing spayware and viruses , click here for one you can download and run , hope this helps .

Ashley

Ashrich 16:33 27 Feb 07

That should read " spyware "

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…