No connection

eljanno 23:30 23 Sep 08

Can you help!!! I have no internet connection, but the net is working because my sons lap top is working and his x box live connection. I have tried to reboot the router and modem but to no avail. When i turn off the router usually there is a little computer in the bottom right that say's no connecting and when I turn it on again it say accuring net work address, well there is nothing like that now, its like there is no link between the router and comp. Any ideas

brundle 23:49 23 Sep 08

"sons lap top is working and his x box live connection" - so not a modem or router problem.

Have you tried System Restore?

More info required - version of Windows for a start - XP, Vista?

eljanno 00:15 24 Sep 08

I tried that it wont do a resore, could be a lack of disk space with that tho. Sorry its xp

brundle 00:22 24 Sep 08

Not necessarily - what antivirus/security software do you use? Norton can prevent System Restore working properly; See `shutdown Norton` here; click here

Have you tried System Restore in Safe Mode? click here

User-1229748 00:55 24 Sep 08

did you have any windows updates before the problem started ? if so uninstall them one by one and see if any of them eradicates the problem.

birdface 08:52 24 Sep 08

Try right clicking local area connection and press repair.Or if you are using IE7 try Tools.Diagnose connection problems.See if any of those 2 help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…