No Connection

IT Boff 08:30 28 May 06

I recently got a new laptop to use on My home and work wireless network. It has an internal network card, which has worked fine untill a couple of weeks ago.
One day when i turned it on i would not find a connection anywhere else apart from when i put the laptop right on top of the router. (This applies for on my office and home network.)

It used to work fine at the other end of my house.
I have another laptop with an interal wireless network card and also a PC with a wireless adapter, These both work fine.

I have tried updating the drivers, and checking for a switch on the laptop for the wireless network card, as discribed on the forums and none of this helps (By the way there was no switch.)
Can anyone advise me what i could do to get it working please, any help would be much appreatied, Thanks

mgmcc 09:00 28 May 06

To be honest I would suspect a hardware fault in that the aerial, which is inside the laptop's casing, may have become detached from the WiFi adapter. Hence the reason that it only works when laptop and router are together.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…