No colour from Epsom 740 Colour printer

Halmer 23:14 06 Nov 03

I have found out that the wrong driver was installed. I have installed the right one but although it now prints OK in Black I am not getting any colour.

I have looked at the properties and the colour box is ticked. The printer does not indicate a lack of colour ink.

Can anyone help please?

woodchip 23:33 06 Nov 03

How long since it printed colour. Why is it you are just having to sort the drivers

Djohn 23:39 06 Nov 03

Just in case you think we have all gone to bed, we are on page 2 now on your thread with the sound problem. Thought I would let you know :o)

SGT BARNES 00:17 07 Nov 03

has it got new carts in it , and have you taken the protective tabs off of the bottom of the cartridge.
not making anybody look stupid but it does happen

ton 00:40 07 Nov 03

Try a test WITHOUT the PC.
This will tell you if the printer itself (& the ink) are ok. If this print is ok then you know the fault is with the drivers or PC.

To do this test: with the printer switched OFF,
press the paper feed button (and keep it pressed),
Now switch on the printer while keeping the paper feed button pressed for about 5 seconds.
It should now print a small pattern with all colours.

Halmer 18:34 07 Nov 03

It was me who had quietly slipped off to bed!

It's a printer that a mate has given to me for my lad along with a load of other gear. He's only young and I would prefer that he practices wrecking this second hand one first. Plus I'll be able to get rid of Championship Manager off my own PC to release some disc space.

Anyway I loaded the correct driver because it wasn't printing at all and the existing driver didn't make any sense. The printer hadn't worked for a while apparently.

Halmer 18:38 07 Nov 03

It printed in black alisting across the top, Paper out LED, Ink Out (B) LED and Ink Out (C) LED.

It is in five languages.

Funny thing is it tells me that the Paper is OK in English but out in French! Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

woodchip 20:15 07 Nov 03

I would say the jets are dead in the colour side

SGT BARNES 20:28 07 Nov 03

DID YOU CHECK THAT THE LITTLE PLASTIC TAB HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE COLOUR CARTRIDGE.

sorry for shouting but it could be as simple as a small strip of plastic

ton 21:09 07 Nov 03

You pressed the wrong button for the test.
Do it as described above useing the PAPER feed button (the one next to the power switch).

Halmer 21:32 07 Nov 03

yes I did and it's fine (sorry!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…