No CDRoms show in win98 Explorer

ulindel 17:21 08 Jan 05

Only one CDRom, the SLAVE shows in Win98 explorer.

Both CDRoms show in the start up Bios, and the Cntrl Pnl, System, Hardware, Device Manager.

1. I tried a new cable.

2. bought a new CDRom. & works on another PC.

3. Only the Master does not show up

4. I changed them over & it is the Master that
does not show up in Win98 explorer.

5. I found instructions on this "Cdrom missing in Windows" in troubleshoot of :-
click here
But unfortunately they do not relay to my Win98, must be for another version.

Can anybody help?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 08 Jan 05

No CD/DVD
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software. Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If if doubt make a restore point before making changes.

ulindel 00:34 10 Jan 05

Fruit Bat,
Thank you, but this Key in Win98 has no "Class".

Any thing else to try?.

Desperate

Wak 09:53 10 Jan 05

Just a shot in the dark.
Try repairing Internet Explorer (which also repairs Windows Explorer and Outlook Express).
It could be just a missing file??

ulindel 10:16 10 Jan 05

no CDRom

not Internet or OE

Wak 21:55 10 Jan 05

I also said that it repairs WINDOWS EXPLORER which is the thing which isn't showing your CD-ROM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…