no cd drives

jono366 15:45 22 Mar 08

My friend has just uninstalled nero burning rom, after doing this he noticed that both his cd drives were not in my computer. When going in to device manager they both hvae a yellow ! mark on then and i cant uninstall and let them rebuild as they just come back the same. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers.

Stuartli 15:46 22 Mar 08

Fruit Bat has the (probable) answer to this one - I'm sure he will post the details shortly...:_)

jono366 15:55 22 Mar 08

cool hope he does tell me then cos i am lost here....~:)

brundle 15:56 22 Mar 08
  skidzy 17:14 22 Mar 08

Brundle has supplied a link that should sort you out,however if still no luck you may have to remove any upper and lower filters within the registry.

Then follow these directions for clearing the Upper/Lower Filters: (might want to print this out)

1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key ( if Vista Start search or windows+R )
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen

Reboot your computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now