No boot device available- System halted

ntst 14:53 30 Sep 05

Above message appeared on my Windows 98SE version when I switched pc. Not sure what I need to do. Can someone please advise?

Thanks
ntst

Yoda Knight 14:58 30 Sep 05

You'll need to go into your bios and make sure your hard drive is being detected

ntst 15:35 30 Sep 05

Yoda Knight

Please can you guide me through the bios as my knowledge is limited

Thanks

Yoda Knight 16:42 30 Sep 05

Different BIOS have different setups. So we'll have to go by trial and error...

Immeadiatly after powering on, keep tapping F2 or the delete key - that should get you into the BIOS screen. Normally there are instructions about how to navigate using which keys. You are looking for a setting about hard drives. Possibly Auto Detect hard drives. If you dont find that post back and we'll try elsewhere

woodchip 16:46 30 Sep 05

Watch the black boot screen as it starts, it says to enter setup press "Del" or some other key. Del means Delete key. this the most used to get into BIOS. but it could be any number of things that is stopping you getting into Windows check the above out first. Instructions on how to use BIOS bottom right corner of screen when you get into BIOS

woodchip 16:48 30 Sep 05

It may be a loose Ribbon cable on the drive or at the Motherboard end

ntst 12:26 03 Oct 05

Problem resolved.There was no connection to the HDD. Also was making a strange sound when trying to locate HDD. Replaced HDD. Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…