No Bluetooth on Acer laptop

golfpro 08:09 15 Aug 09

I have an Acer Travelmate 5720G, the Blue tooth symbol in the task bar is red (not connected), the computer device manager shows the device as a Toshiba and working correctly, but no matter what I try I still can't get it to connect. I am not sure but I don't think that blue tooth was available from new on this particular model, if so why is it shown in the task bar.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:15 15 Aug 09

Check in device manager if any errors against the Bluetooth drive if so download and istall from click here

golfpro 08:26 15 Aug 09

Sorry should have said it's running Vista. There are no errors showing against the drive. How could I check to see if blue tooth was installed when I got it new. All that the book says is "Bluetooth: this may not be available on some models". But they don't say which.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:36 15 Aug 09

If there s a bluetooth driver in device manager then its probably installed

running SIW will tell you exactly what is fitted click here

mooly 08:44 15 Aug 09

A lot of Acers have this as an option... confusing.
As fruit bat says if it's actually showing a bluetooth device in device manager that does sound like it has the option. If you expand the tabs etc, does it say this device is working correctly.
If you right click or double click the icon in the tray is there a set up wizard... maybe it's just not connected and you have to make it discoverable or something.
Also see in control panel (classic view) under "Bluetooth devices"

ambra4 08:46 15 Aug 09

The bluetooth radio is turn off by default

Access the BIOS and make sure the wireless settings are set to both wireless lan and

bluetooth are enabled

golfpro 09:00 15 Aug 09

I don't think there is a driver installed, against all device drivers and connections is 0.00000000.

golfpro 09:03 15 Aug 09

Access the BIOS??? How.

golfpro 09:05 15 Aug 09

Wireless lan is working OK I run the laptop off a router.

ambra4 09:42 15 Aug 09

Check the following: -

Right click the Windows Power Icon in the system tray and select

"Acer ePower Management"

Go into the Battery Status section at the botton of the page is a “Hardware Section” select

Bluetooth “On”

Also check that the buttons at the front of the unit will “Enable/Disable” the Bluetooth

function

To activate the BIOS utility, press F2 during the POST; while the notebook PC

logo is being displayed.

golfpro 06:58 16 Aug 09

Ambra4. Have checked that and there are only three choices, Wireless LAN,Card Bus and Firewire, all are checked. This leads me to suspect that the Bluetooth activation facility is not available on this model.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…