No beeps

s99Raj 23:50 11 Aug 03

I've just built a new PC using the motherboard Novatech L7VTA bought from Noavtech.

It all seems to be working fine except that I hear no start up beep.
I also hear no beeps if I remove the RAM. Surely there ought to be beeps?
The connector to thhe internal speaker seems OK. I've tried it both ways round.

The BIOS is a FastTrak 100 "Lite" (tm) BIOS Version 2.02.1.3 (c) 2002-2005

Should there be any beeps?

Bodi 00:00 12 Aug 03

if your computer is working ok, I wouldn't worry too much about no beeps. It is usual to get ONE beep at post, which usually means your computer is working as it should.

Perhaps it is just a strong silent type? lol

Bodi

DieSse 00:05 12 Aug 03

I have come across a few motherboards that produce their beeps through the loudspeakers, not the case speaker - do you have the standard speakers plugged in and turned on?

It makes no difference which way round you connect a case speaker. Do you know for sure the case speaker works?

crx1600 00:08 12 Aug 03

how about lowering the alarm for the CPU temp, just to see if the speaker squeals, i tried the other day to be sure it worked and you dont even have to save and exit.

Giant68 08:11 12 Aug 03

I fitted this board in my PC a couple of weeks ago and noticed the same thing, however everything seems to work fine so I will ignore it. I've found over the years that if it ain't broke, don't fix.

Giant68

s99Raj 09:11 12 Aug 03

OK, thanks guys. I'll leave it as it is.
At least the standard speakers work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…