No AVI

Taurus 11:54 08 Oct 03

Hi everyone, I hope you can help. I have been using Media Player 9 without problems for some time now , but suddenly, MP9 stopped showing movies, at least the video part. I can get the sound from avi files but no pics. I can play music CDs with no problems. After an unsuccessful re-install I decided to download Real Player but that is exactly the same. Can anybody suggest where I might go from here?

Many thanks

Dave

MichelleC 12:08 08 Oct 03

Is your DirectX up to date ? (dxdiag.exe). Maybe update graphics card?

Chegs ® 12:13 08 Oct 03

I was just browsing when I spotted your thread,I think it might be something to do with Update site,as I have approx 70GB's of .AVI files loaded from my own camcorder,yet now none of my media players(WMP/WinAmp/RealAlt) will play the pics just sound,and I had just repaired XP then updated it this morning and it was playing perfectly before the repair/update.

hugh-265156 12:31 08 Oct 03

what kind of movies?

some movie trailers and video clips require that you have the proper codec installed on your system.divx or xvid will play with media player but unless you have the correct codec you will only get sound.

gspot click here will tell you which codec is required to play the file if you load it into it.

Taurus 14:48 13 Oct 03

Sorry about the delay in answering but fatal crash forced complete re-install from a formatted hard drive.

Did the trick though, it all works now!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…