No AVG update

tye 00:22 31 May 06

It usually updates automatically every time I connect to the internet. I've been online for about 3 hrs. now and no luck. I've tried the 'check for updates' link in tray, w/ each of the Grisoft folders as a possible, but was told no update available. Icon still greyed out. Anyone else having problems? 98, AVG Free Many thanks - T

tye 00:25 31 May 06

Forgot - 56k dial up.

p;3 00:29 31 May 06

if your AVG icon is greyed out, surely that means that it has taken on an update and will only change colour to normal after you reboot?have you tried a reboot yet to test this?

p;3 00:32 31 May 06

I am on Win 98se; BB; have just updated my AVG and it is now greyed out; I will expect it to go coloured when I next turn on my pc; does that help?

tye 00:49 31 May 06

Windows explorer showed all Grisoft files were there, connected to their site & icon was coloured for about a quarter of a second. Tried the same check for updates routine again. No luck - icon still greyed out. I seem to remember something like this happening before. I'll try again tom'w. Thank you. -Tye

crx1600 01:29 31 May 06

"I've tried the 'check for updates' link in tray, w/ each of the Grisoft folders as a possible"

the above reads as though you have set AVG to check for updates 'from folder' rather than online.

you should get the option to check either, unless 'do not ask for update source' is selected in update manager\properties.

tye 08:52 31 May 06

All OK - updated immediately & icon is coloured. Thank you for your help CRX1600. Best wishes, - Tye

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…