no autoplay on cd

ddgw 11:52 25 Mar 04

Hi, new user here so be patient.My cd will no longer autoplay.if i put cd in drive and use explorer i can see contents of cd.if i change cd and repeat use of explorer i still get the same files from the previous cd.only way i can change it is if i restart windows.hope someone can help

medicine hat 12:14 25 Mar 04

TweakUI is a very useful little utility and covers autoplay of data and music CDs with a little tick box (if I remember correctly) turning it on or off. Unfortunately you haven't mentioned which version of Windows you are using so if its XP then click here Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate the download site for other versions of Windows (98 etc)

You second problem, about Explorer not updating its view, can be resolved I believe by clicking View>Refresh. Sometimes F5 will also refresh.

Hope this helps in some way.

ddgw 13:19 25 Mar 04

Many thanks for suggestions. Found copy of tweak xp on a cover disk.Everything working fine now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…