No audio in WMP-w2k

MichelleC 12:26 11 Jun 04

There's no audio at all. I've done DirectX tests, renamed the Msg723.acm to +old to force correct codec to replace, installed all WMP codec packs, run sfc. I can't even install RealOnePlayer or RealPlayer as there's an error when trying to open them.

Stuartli 13:21 11 Jun 04

Perhaps a silly question, but have you been to WMP's Tools>Options>File Types and enabled all the codecs?

Otherwise it could be a missing, unconnected or faulty sound card/audio lead; the mixer panel's output/input sections muted or the sliders too low or even WMP's own mute button enabled.

Graham ® 13:38 11 Jun 04

You've picked a tricky one! Is System Restore an option? You will have searched, I'm sure, but I found this with one or two things to look at

click here

Stuartli 13:55 11 Jun 04

I've also got the K-Lite codec pack and DivX installed:

click here

Go to the K-Lite codec pack section for the 2.26 full download; its use is automatic after installation.

click here for DivX.

MichelleC 15:34 11 Jun 04

I uninstalled WMP (I didn't know you could do this in w2k) and installed basic version 7 (from v9b + updates) and now it works fine. It was probably last 2 updates which did it. I still can't get Realplayer to install though.

Thanks guys for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…